Our Motto: Research, evaluation, analysis and critical thinking of Business and Commercial Law.
Purpose: The Centre for Business and Commercial Law (‘CBCL’), Visakhapatnam is established by Damodaram Sanjivayya National Law University (DSNLU) in the year 2019. The Centre dedicated to enhance awareness and to provide avenue for research & analysis on the developments of the laws relating to commercial and business transactions.
- To carry out extensive research & create awareness of business and commercial laws.
- To organise guest lectures /workshops / seminars / symposiums / conferences / panel discussions to train the stakeholders with hands-on experience or challenges in understanding the laws.
- Publish a newsletter / report on the latest development of laws on quarterly / half-yearly basis. Publish journals by “Call for Papers” and encourage the stakeholders to contribute by way of research papers / case comments, etc.
- Conduct competitions like essay competition, mock merger and acquisitions, employee and management disputes, etc. within the university and at the national level.
- To collaborate with law firms by entering into a MOU. Also with the Legal Incubation Centre (LIC), Centre for Advanced Research in Dispute Settlement (CARDS) and IPR Cell of DSNLU to invigorate the skill development programs.
- Guest Lecture on GST- Theory, Practice, And Career Prospects” by Mr Tarun Jain, Partner, BMR Legal, on 29th October 2019.
- Panel Discussion on “The Recent Trends in the Competition law on 15th February, 2020.
- One Day Capacity Building Programme on IBC, 2016 in association with Insolvency and Bankruptcy Board of India.
Director: Dr. Dayananda Murthy C.P., Associate Professor, DSNLU,
Advisor: Prof. Rajendra Prasad. Former Vice Chancellor, Acharya Nagarjuna University, Guntur and former Director, Indian Institute of Corporate Affairs, New Delhi
Faculty co-convenor: Mr. P. Bayola Kiran, Assistant Professor, DSNLU
Secretary: Ananya Malaviya (Student, 4th Year, B.A.LL.B.(Hons.), DSNLU