The Centre for Advanced Research in Dispute Settlement (CARDS) has been set up by D.S National Law University, Vizag and was inaugurated on 23rd September, 2016 by Hon’ble Justice Datuk Dr. Haji Hamid Sultan Bin Abu Backer, Judge, Malaysian Court of Appeals. Building on the advisory board’s recognized expertise in the emerging field of dispute resolution; the Center aims to serve as an imperative resource for the Study of Arbitration and Conciliation by providing cutting-edge, adept information-cum-analysis on notable issues and current developments on the subject.We at CARDS intend to involve young professionals and students from India and abroad and are dedicated to building a robust network of individuals with mutual interest in the field of International Arbitration.CARDS offers a comprehensive suite of events like lectures, workshops and conferences, designed to aid the mandate of the Centre.CARDS also publishes an Annual Book comprising of articles on transnational debatable topics in InternationalArbitration. So far, we have had two publications titled ‘PariPassu- Arbitration on an Equal Footing with Adjudication’ and ‘ArbitPraxi – Arbitration Process and Law’.
Patron-in-chief : Prof. (Dr.) S. Surya Prakash, Vice-Chancellor
Director : Dr. Dayananda Murthy C.P
- Gary Born, Chair of the International Arbitration Practice Group at Wilmer Cutler Pickering Hale and Dorr LLP.
- Toby Landau Q.C, Essex Court Chambers, London.
- David Joseph Q.C., Essex Court Chambers, London
- Akhil Shah Q.C., Fountain Court Chambers, London
- Sonia Tolaney Q.C., Essex Court Chambers, London.
- Nish Shetty, Partner & Head of Litigation & Dispute Resolution (Asia-Pacific) at Clifford Chance, Singapore.
- BaijuVasani, Partner, Jones Day.
- Rahul Donde,Senior Associate, Levy Kauffman & Kohler.
- Thomas Stipanowich, Academic Director and Professor of Law Straus Institute for Dispute Resolution, Pepperdine University.
- Sandra Friedrich, Director, White & Case International Arbitration LL.M. Graduate Program & Lecturer in Law (University of Miami).
- Julie Bedard, International Litigation and Arbitration Partner at Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meaghar&Flom LLP.
- ShreyasJayasimha, Founding Partner, Aarna Law.
- Raj Panchmatia, Partner, Khaitan& Co.
- Ganesh Chandru, Executive Partner, Lakshmi Kumaran&Sridharan.
- NeetiSachdeva, Registrar & Secretary General, MCIA.
- Moazzam Khan, Head, Global Litigation, Nishith Desai & Associates.
- Anirudh Krishnan, Founding Partner, A K Law Chambers.