1. Former Vice Chancellor, Dharmashastra National Law University, Jabalpur, Bharat
Ratna Bhim Rao Ambedkar Institute of Telecom Training, South Civil Lines, Ridge
Road, Jabalpur-482001, (from 17th May 2018 to 2
nd July, 2021).
2. Former Director, Amity Law School, Amity University, Lucknow Campus, Malhaur,
Near Railway Station, Gomti Nagar Extension, Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh, 226028.
3. Former Professor of Law in Faculty of Law, University of Lucknow, Lucknow.
4. Former Vice Chancellor, Dr. Ram Manohar Lohiya National Law University,
Lucknow (from 3rd January, 2008 to 2nd January, 2013) and
5. Former Director/Vice-Chancellor National Law Institute University, Bhopal, Madhya
Pradesh (from 3rd March 2006 to 2nd January, 2008).
Awards 1. Conferred a Special recognition under the Honorary
Distinguished Faculty Award for his outstanding
contribution to the University and Society by the University
of Lucknow in the Hundred year of its foundation 2020
2. Shri Ram Narayan Ashram, Trust, Shri Ramkinkar Award
15th July 2019
3. Dr. Sushil Chandra Senior Social Scientist Award of ISC
4. Kumarappa Reckless Award of Indian Society of
5. U.P. Ratna Award of All India Conference of Intellectuals,
Fellowship 1. Commonwealth Foundation Fellowship 2001.
2. Fellowship of Indian Society of Criminology
Date of Birth 22nd September, 1951
Mobile: 09453000077, 9755533007
House No 190, Sector -2, Jankipuram Extension,
Lucknow – 226031
P a g e 2 | 24
Areas of Specialization Criminal Law, Law of Evidence, Criminology, Clinical Legal
Research & Supervision
LLD/ Ph.D. Awarded under my supervision: 12
Under process: 02
01 – In Press
Research Projects 10
Research Articles 41
1. Member, Committee for Reforms in Criminal Law, Ministry of Home Affairs, 29th May
2. President, Indian Society of Criminology, 21st February 2020.
3. Convenor, Consortium of National Law Universities, 21st November 2019.
4. Member of Judicial Services Selection Committee constituted by Uttar Pradesh
Public Service Commission on 3rd
th & 5th October, 2017 at Allahabad.
5. Member (Special Invitee) of the Committee constituted by the Hon’ble Governor.
6. Member of the Board of Studies constituted by the Chhatrapati Sahu Ji Maharaj
University, Kanpur for preparing the LL.M. Course Curriculum & Fee Structure.
7. Former Member of the Selection Board constituted by the Department of Women and
Child Welfare for the selection of the Members of the Child Welfare Committee and
Juvenile Justice Board of Uttar Pradesh.
8. Former Member, Steering Committee on Police Research constituted by Bureau of
Police Research and Development, Ministry of Home Affairs, New Delhi.
9. Former Vice- Chairman of Indian Society of Criminology, Chennai (affiliated with
International Society of Criminology, Paris).
10. Member of different bodies of various Universities.
11. Member of Sahbhagi Shikshan Kendra (SSK), Lucknow.
12. Former Member, Executive Council, National Law University, Orissa.
13. Former Vice-President, Indian Society of Victimology, Chennai.
P a g e 3 | 24
14. Member, Executive Board and Member, Presidium of Asian Society of Criminology
University of Macau, Macau, China.
15. Member of the Selection Committee constituted by various esteemed Universities.
16. Member, Commonwealth Legal Association (Asian Chapter).
17. Member, Board of Management Unity Law College, Hussainabad, Lucknow.
18. Member, South Asian Clinical Law Teachers Association.
19. Member, Advisory Board, Swami Vivekanand Law College, Lucknow.
Previous Membership of the Committees Constituted by the Government & Other
1. Former Member, UP State Law Commission (from April 2005 to 2nd March, 2006).
2. Former Executive Member, Shastri Indo-Canadian Institute, New Delhi till June,
3. Former Member, UP State Law Commission (Part time from July 2008 to August,
4. Former Co-opted Member of the Managing Committee of Lucknow Chapter of
Northern India Regional Council of Institute of Company Secretaries of India.
5. Former Vice Chairman of Child Rights Observatory (CRO) constituted by UNICEF,
6. Former Member, High Level Committee on Quality of Higher Education, Government
of Uttar Pradesh.
7. Former Member of the Admission Committee constitutes for the Private Higher
Educational Institutions of Madhya Pradesh.
8. Former Member, Advisory Committee constituted by H.E. Governor U.P. for
suggesting the measures in relation to rescued Child Prostitutes’ Welfare, Rehabilitation
9. Former Member, Rule Framing Committee constituted by the U.P. Government for
Juvenile Justice Act, 2000.
10. Former Member, Advisory Board constituted under PNDT Act up to 2006.
11. Former Member, U.P. State Legal Services Authority (2002-2005).
12. Former Member, Indian Copyright Board, Ministry of Human Resource Development,
Dept. of Higher Education, New Delhi. (2006 & 2007).
13. Elected twice as Vice-Chairman, Indian Society of Criminology.
14. Former Deputy Director of the U.P. Task Force on an HRD Project relating to
Reforms in Social Legislation pertaining to women undertaken by the National Law
School University, Bangalore.
15. Former Director, Legal Cell, University of Lucknow, Lucknow.
Administrative Posts Held:
1. Member of Court Election Committee constituted by the Vice Chancellor, Lucknow
University, Lucknow on 17th October, 2017.
2. Member of the Advisory Committee in International Conference on Legal Dimensions
of Environment on 27th & 28th October, 2017 at Amity Law School, Amity University
3. Co-Chairperson of Moderation Committee of Amity University Uttar Pradesh, Noida,
4. Assistant Provost of N.D. Hall, Lucknow University from 3rd September 1981 to 1986.
5. Assistant Proctor, Lucknow University from 28th April, 1985 to 30th June, 1987.
6. NCC. Officer Naval Wing, Lucknow University since 1983 till date. “Declared Best
Officer Cadet All Round” in Pre-commission Training June 1983 and secured the First
Position in Refresher Course, 1986.
7. Provost of Balrampur Hostel from 1st September, 1991 to 7th January, 1993.
8. President, Gymnastic Club, U.A.A. Lucknow University for the session’s 1986-87 and
9. Assistant O.S.D. of Revaluation, Conduct, Dispatch, Central Evaluation, Result etc. in
10. Member, Board of Studies, Faculty of Law, Lucknow University, Lucknow (1992-
11. Member, Executive Council, Lucknow University, Lucknow (1992-1994)
12. Coordinator (Supdt.) Self Finance Management Examination 1996-97.
13. Superintendent Law Examination 1998-99.
14. Senior Most NCC, Officer, Lucknow University.
15. Director, Legal Affairs, Lucknow University.
16. Professor In charge & Additional Proctor LL.B. (Hons.) Programme.
17. Director, National Law Institute University, Bhopal.
Have experience in various research and implementation projects related to access to justice,
prison reforms, community development, rural and urban development, livelihood, and
resettlement & rehabilitation projects in Uttar Pradesh, Delhi and Madhya Pradesh and also
have experience in conducting training programmes, I also helped in building and leading
teams including highly focused multi-sectorial teams; guiding, supporting and inspiring
overseas staff and leading mixed expatriate/national teams, in project planning,
implementation, evaluation, monitoring, organizational development and change.
Well versed in project formulation, financial planning, budgeting of proposals, resource
management, strategic planning, self-sustained systems, monitoring, organizing workshops,
training programmes and seminars, impact assessment and other research studies.
Books Published – 02 (Criminal Justice – Uttar Pradesh)
(Terrorism and Anti-Terror Laws)
Under Publication –01 (Premature Release of Prisoners)
Edited a Volume entitled “Terrorism and Anti-Terror Laws” published by Dr. Ram Manohar
Lohiya National Law University, Lucknow, 2010 (ISBN No 978-81-906849-0-3) and
published a Chapter “Rethinking on Terrorism Problems and its Solutions”.
A Chapter on “Good Practices in Police- Public Partnership for Police Reforms” in a book
on Police Reform: Need and Challenges published by Andrew’s College, Gorakhpur, Uttar
Former Editor-in-Chief of the Dr. Ram Manohar Lohiya National Law University Journal.
1. Consultant, Human Rights Outreach Project sponsored by British Council in
collaboration with Warwick University, U.K. National Law School of India University,
2. Research Project on Criminal Justice profile sponsored by West Bengal University of
Juridical Science, Kolkata.
3. Commonwealth Foundation Project on Right to Information.
4. PRIYA project on Panchayati Raj in U.P.
5. Mapping Informal Justice Systems in Madhya Pradesh, Strengthening Access to Justice
in India, UNDP funded project.
6. Interstate Migrant Labour Support programme, funded by Garmin Vikas Trust (GVT)
and Department for International Development (DFID).
7. Compilation of Health Acts and Rules, Public Health & Family Welfare Department,
Govt. of Madhya Pradesh.
8. Project on framing of rules for “Child Marriage Prohibition Act, 2006” sponsored by
Department of Women & Child Welfare, Government of Madhya Pradesh.
9. Project for report writing on “Access to Justice” sponsored by High Court of M.P. and
supported by U.N.D.P.
10. Project Investigator in An Analytical study of Prosecution System in Uttar Pradesh
(Study sanctioned by the Government of Uttar Pradesh).
List of Publications:
1. “Dowry and the Law”, Law Review, Vol. VII, 1990.
2. “Police and Children”, U.P. Police Patrika, March, 1990.
3. “Law Relating to Terrorists”, U.P. Police Patrika, July, 1990.
4. “Bharat Me Balkon Ke Samvaidhanik Evam Vidhik Adhikar” (Hindi), Bal Adhikar
Department of Social Work, Lucknow University, August, 1990.
5. “Juvenile Justice in India”, in S.C. Bhatia (ed.), Children in India, University of Delhi
and IUACE Delhi, 1990.
6. “Police Indeed but not in Need- Why?” Law Review, Vol. 13, 1991.
7. “Abolition of Bonded Labour System” (A step forward to achieve Social Justice), Law
Review, Vol. 13, 1991.
8. “Dispensing Justice through Juvenile Courts and Juvenile Welfare Board”, Journal of
Social Work, Lucknow University, 1994, April, Vol. XI.
9. “Rape Offence and the Appropriate Quantum of Sentence”, Criminal Law Journal,
November 1994, p. 125.
10. “In Search of Justice for Victims Under Criminal Law” Souvenir of Conference Crime
and Justice, organized by International Jurists Organisation Asia, Lucknow, India, p.
11. “How to improve Police Functioning under Juvenile Justice Act”, Kanpur Law Journal,
Vol. 9, 10, 11, 1995-96.
12. “Programming Responsible Police Functioning” The Indian Journal of Criminology and
Criminalistics, Vol. XVII, Jan-April, 1996.
13. “Economic Reforms and Their Implications for Economic Crimes”, National Law
School of India University, Bangalore.
14. “Role of Law School in the Delivery of Legal Services” University of California, Los-
Angeles, USA, 1997.
15. “Socio-Legal Implications of Pre-Natal Diagnostic Techniques Act 1994” p.52,
Vatsalya, Lucknow, 1998.
16. “Dispensation of Justice to Women Victims of Crime” in the Volume entitled: Gender
Justice through Women’s Empowerment: Strategies and Approaches edited by Prof.
Surendra Singh and Prof. S.P. Srivastava.
17. “Dispensation of Justice to Women Victims of Crime” Criminal Law and Criminology
edited by K.D. Gaur 2002.
18. Legal Rights of Persons with Disabilities criminal law and criminology edited by K.D.
19. “Dispensing Justice for juveniles through juvenile justice board under Juvenile Justice
Act 2000, reading material for a special training programme on child psychology on
child welfare for judicial magistrates, Institute of Training and Research, U.P. Lucknow
20. ‘Help Line’, HT Legal, Hindustan Times, Lucknow.
21. “Conceptual Framework of Terrorism” in Indian Journal of Criminology Vol 34 (1&2)
January and July, 2006 Published by Indian Society of Criminology, Chennai.
22. “Economic Development and the Decline of Rural and Urban Community Based
Networks” in National Seminar on Emerging Policy Perspectives on Rural and Urban
Community Development- Need for Identifying the Areas and Approaches of Social
Work Intervention organized by Department of Social Work, University of Lucknow,
Lucknow (22nd December, 2006 to 24th December, 2006).
23. “Fighting Crime with the help of Crime Mapping” – Published in Army Law Journal of
Army School of Law, Mohali., Vol. 1 2007, 01.
24. “Juvenile Crime: Issues related to concept cases and reformation of the juveniles”.
25. Dynamics of Public Administration, Vo. 19th & 20th December 2006, 44.
26. “Offender Management: A challenge for prison reform initiative in India” in The Indian
Police Journal, Vol. LIVNo.4 October-December, 2007 published by Bureau of Police
Research and Development, Ministry of Home Affairs, Government of India, New
27. “Good Practices in Police-Public Partnership for Police Reforms” in National Seminar
on Police Reforms organized by Andrew’s College, Gorakhpur from 25th & 26th Sep,
28. “State of Uttar Pradesh in the Federal Structure of India” organized by “Seconda
Università degli Studi di Napoli” (University of Naples II), Italy from 28th to 31
29. “Human Rights, Human Dignity and Information Society” Article accepted for
publication in a Journal of Mody Institute of Technology and Science, Rajasthan.
30. “Social Reconstruction for Sustainable Development” in a Seminar on Strategies of
Empowering the Marginalised Sections of Society, organized by Department of Social
Work, University of Lucknow, Lucknow from 1
st to 3rd December, 2008.
31. “Good Governance: Search for Accountability Mechanism” in National Seminar on
Good Governance organized by Department of Public Administration, University of
Lucknow, Lucknow from 28th & 29th November, 2008.
32. “Cyber Crime Risk Management: Administrative Regime in India and Recent Trends”
in Indian Journal of Criminology Volume 35 & 36, No 1 & 2.
33. “A Living Relationship or a Dead Relationship: Emerging Patterns of Social Life” in
VIDHIGYA – A Journal of Legal Awareness Vol. 03 No-02 Jul-Dec, 2008 of Integrated
School of Law, Ghaziabad.
34. “Cyber Crime: Its Implications on Society” in Journal of University Institute of Legal
Studies, Vol. II, 2008 of University Institute of Legal Studies, Panjab University,
35. “Human Rights, Human Dignity and the Information Society” in an M.D.U. Law
Journal, Vol -XIV Part-II, 2009 Published by Department of Law, Maharshi Dayanand
36. “The Importance of Ethics in Criminal Justice” in VIDHIGYA – A Journal of Legal
Awareness Vol. 04 No-02 Jul-Dec, 2009 of Integrated School of law, Ghaziabad (ISSN
37. “Sociological and Criminological Explanation of Juvenile Delinquency” in The Indian
Police Journal, Vol. LVII- No.1, January-March, 2010 published by Bureau of Police
Research and Development, Ministry of Home Affairs, Government of India (ISSN No.
38. “Jurisprudence: Semiotic and Semantic Tools of Textual Understanding” Published in
Witness Magazine (March, 2011 Vol 2 Issue 7).
39. Interview on the “Role of Judicial Activism in Democracy” published in a Magazine
India Alive, April 2011.
40. “Change and Challenges for the Indian Prison Administration” in the Indian Police
Journal Vol LVIII – No. 1, January-March, 2011 published by Bureau of Police
Research and Development, Ministry of Home Affairs, Government of India (ISSN No.
41. “Future Agenda for Correctional Administration” in the Indian Journal of Law and
Justice, Vol. 1 No. 2 September 2010 published by Department of Law, University of
North Bengal, Darjeeling, West Bengal (ISSN No: 0976-3570).
International Conferences Attended:
1. Conference on Justice Education at Philippine organized by GAJE from 7
th to 13th
2. Conference on Federalism in India organized by “Seconda Università degli Studi di
Napoli” (University of Naples II), Italy November, 2008.
3. Conference on Clinical Legal Education, Miami, Florida, May 1996.
4. International Conference on Law and Society, Glasgow, Scotland, July 1996.
5. Fourth International Clinical Conference, Lake Arrowhead, California, Oct. 1997.
6. Global Alliance for Justice Education Conference, Durban South Africa, Dec. 2001.
List of Seminar/Workshop Papers:
1. Terrorism in India: Legal Aspects, Paper presented at National Seminar on Sociology,
Lucknow University, 7
th to 10th March, 1988.
2. Legislation and Juvenile Justice, Paper presented at National Seminar on Juvenile
Delinquency, Organized under the CHOSSIP Scheme of UGC at Nanak Chand College,
Meerut University, Meerut on 23rd & 24th April, 1988.
3. Police image, Paper presented at the First Police Workshop, Organized by Inspector
General of Police (Trg.) Uttar Pradesh Police, Lucknow on 17th September, 1989.
4. Police and Juveniles, Paper presented at the Second Police Workshop, Organized by the
U.P. Police Department on 6
th January, 1990.
5. Law Relating to Terrorists, Paper presented at the National Seminar on the Challenge
of Terrorism, sponsored by the UGC organized by the Department of Sociology,
Lucknow University on 2
nd February, 1990.
6. Rights of Child in India, Symposium on Rights of the Child, Organized by the
Department of Social Work in Collaboration with UNICEF Regional Office, Lucknow
on 30th & 31st August, 1990.
7. Functioning of the Juvenile Courts: Responsibilities and Obligations, Paper presented
at Seminar on Juvenile Justice Administration, Organized by the Department of Social
Work in collaboration with National Institute of Social Defence, Ministry of Welfare,
Government of India, New Delhi, 15th March, 1991.
8. Violence against Women and their Remedies, Paper presented at the National Seminar
on Naree Aur Atyachar, Organized by the Department of Sociology, Lucknow
University on 18th & 19th April, 1992.
9. Some Aspects of Administration of Criminal Justice, Paper presented at the Law Expo-
92, Organized by the Rotary Club of Lucknow Khas on 27th November, 1992.
10. Law Relating to Obscenity in India, Paper presented at the Seminar, Organized by the
Judicial Trained and Research Institute, Lucknow on 9
th January, 1992.
11. Programming Responsible Police Functioning, Paper presented at 22nd Annual
Conference of the Indian Society of Criminology at Tata Institute of Social Science,
Devnar, Bombay on 5
th November, 1993.
12. Dispensing Justice through Juvenile Courts and Juvenile Welfare Board, Workshop on
Rights of Child, Realities of Justice in U.P., Organized by the Faculty of Law, Lucknow
University, Lucknow on 16th January, 1994.
13. Justice for Juvenile, Paper presented at Work on Child Rights, Organized by the U.P.
Council for Child Welfare, Motimahal, Lucknow on 22nd July, 1994.
14. Justice for Victims of Crime with special reference to Rape Victim, Paper presented at
15. Efficacy of Law to Prevent Domestic Crimes, Paper presented at Conference of Indian
Society of Criminology at National Institute of Criminology and Forensic Science,
Ministry of Home Affairs, Rohini, New Delhi, on 12th November, 1994.
16. “Social Justice and Dr. B.R. Ambedkar”, Paper presented in Seminar, Organized by
Samta Samaj on 6
th & 7th August, 1995 at Board of Revenue Auditorium, Lucknow.
17. “In Search of Justice for Victims of Crime” Paper presented at Conference on Crime
and Justice, Organized by International Jurists Organization Asia, Lucknow on 16th &
17th September, 1995 at Hotel Taj, Lucknow.
18. “Female Foeticide” Paper presented at National Seminar on Distressed Children
organized by ADHAP., Agra on6th & 7th January, 1996.
19. “Economic Reforms and their Implications for Economic Crimes” XXIV
Criminological Congress, Indian Society of Criminology 9
th to 11th February, 1996
National Law School of India, Bangalore.
20. “Post Graduate Legal Education in Criminal Justice” The AALS Conference on Clinical
Education 1996 at Miami, FLORIDA, 18th to 22nd May, 1996.
21. “Emerging Trends of Legal Education in South Asia” Annual Conference Law &
Society Association, Glasgow, Scotland, 10th to 13th July, 1996.
22. “Justice for Rape Victims”, Paper presented at Women’s Empowerment organized by
Department of Social Work Lucknow University at Hotel Taj, 7th to 9
th March, 1997.
23. “Role of Law Schools in the Delivery of Legal Services” Paper presented at Fourth
International Clinical Conference on “Conceptual Paradigms in Clinical Legal
Education” organized by University of California Los Angles (UCLA) and IALS at
Lake Arrowhead, California USA from 23rd to 26th October, 1997.
24. “Police Professionalism” paper presented at 29th All India Police Science Congress,
20th to 22nd November, 1907, Lucknow.
25. “Socio-Legal Implications of Pre-Natal Diagnostic Techniques Act 1994” Paper
presented at the National Workshop on “Pre-Natal Sex Determination and Female
Foeticide” organized by Vatsalya at Lucknow on 20th March, 1998.
26. “Abortion and Law” Paper presented at the Conference on “Gender Justice and the Girl
Child” organized by Institute of Judicial Training and Research U.P., Vineet Khand,
Gomti Nagar, Lucknow on 21st March, 1998.
27. Inaugural International Conference of Global Alliance for Justice Education (GAJE)
from 8th to 17th December 1999 at Thiruvanthapuram, Kerala organized by Prof.
Madhava Menon, Vice Chancellor of National University of Juridical Science, Calcutta.
I presented a paper on “Transforming Legal Education into Justice Education”.
28. XX Annual Conference of the Indian Social Science Association from 2
nd to 4th June,
2000 organized by Department of Criminology and Correctional Administration, Tata
Institute of Social Sciences, Deonar, Mumbai. Paper on “Impact on Judicial Activism
on the Administration of ‘Criminal Justice System in India” was presented by me.
29. 7th All India Conference on Sexual Harassment and Gender Justice from 15th to 16th
September, 2000 organized by National Institute of Public Administration Bangalore. I
presented a paper on “Sexual Harassment of Women Employee at Work Place”.
30. Workshop of “Gender Sensitization of Judicial and Police Officers of the State of U.P.”
held from 4th to 6
th May, 2001 at the Institute of Judicial Training and Research Arch
31. Several other conferences from 2001 to 2005.
32. International Conference of Indian Society of Criminology 23rd to 25th February, 2007,
Calcutta University, Kolkata.
33. Delivered a Kumarappa Reckless Award Lecture on “The Challenge before the
discipline of Criminal law and Criminology in the Present Scenario and its Future
Dimensions” in 32nd All India Criminology Conference, organized by Indian Society
of Criminology and Bangalore University, Karnataka from 25th to 27th February, 2009
Foreign Universities Visited:
Visited Italy to participate and present the federal picture of the state of Uttar Pradesh in a
seminar on federalism in India organized by “Seconda Università degli Studi di Napoli”
(University of Naples II) on 31st October, 2008.
A. As a participant in the Ford Foundation Programme “Enforcing Human Rights
through Law School Clinics” visited Criminal Law and Juvenile Justice Clinic at
1. University of Florida, U.S.A.
2. George Town University, Washington, D.C.U.S.A.
3. Catholic University, Washington, D.C.U.S.A.
4. Maryland University, Baltimore, U.S.A.
5. University of Baltimore, U.S.A.
6. City University New York (CUNY) U.S.A.
7. Global Law School New York University.
B. On the invitation of Clinical Legal Education Association, U.S.A.
1. University of California, Los Angles, U.S.A.
2. International Law Centre, University of Baltimore, U.S.A.
C. As a participant in the Conference
1. University of Strathclyde Glasgow Scotland.
2. GAJE Conference at Phillippines
Institution Inviting for Delivering Lectures:
1. National webinar on National Education Policy 2020 and Human Service Profession: In
reference to National Council for social work education organised by Central Zone Uttar
Pradesh on 20th June, 2021.
2. Justice V.R. Krishna Iyer Memorial Lecture series on the topic of Emerging Paradigms
of Victim Justice organised by Delhi Metropolitan Education, Noida on 18th June, 2021.
3. A National Workshop on Legal Drafting and Writing Skills organised by Dharmashastra
National Law University, Jabalpur from 7th to 9th June, 2021.
4. 1st Justice G.P. Singh Memorial Moot Court Competition organised by Dharmashastra
National Law University, Jabalpur from 30th April to 2nd May, 2021.
5. Guest of Honour for the Inaugural Session of Centre for Human Rights of Mar
Gregorios College of Law in association with Kerala State Human Rights Commission
organises National Webinar on Human Rights Protection and Violations during Covid-
19th on 22nd May, 2021.
6. Eminent Speaker on Faculty Development Programme on “Emerging Trends of Crime
and Criminal Justice System in India organized by Amity University, Gurugram on 13th
7. Chief Guest for International Teaching Month, Celebration of Law, Life and Diversity
session on The State of Gideon: Issues and Challenges in Defending poor people in the
United States organised by Institute of Law, Nirma University, Ahmedabad online on
11th February, 2021.
8. Chief Guest for Lecture on “Parliament & the judiciary on Constitutional Amendments-
Shifting Paradigms” organised by Can Foundation organized online on 7th February,
9. Eminent Speaker for National webinar to commemorate the National Girl Child Day on
the theme “Saving Girl Child for posterity and prosperity” organised by Babasaheb
Bhimrao Ambedkar University (A Central University) Lucknow online on 24th January,
10. International Conference on Changing dimension of Human Rights in the Globalised
world organised by Dharmashastra National Law University, Jabalpur online on 23rd
11. Speaker for the National Seminar on New Agriculture law in India organised by Jhansi
University online on 18th January, 2021.
12. Speaker for National Law Institute University, Bhopal in association with Indian
Association of Law & Economic is organised 6th International conference of Law and
economics 2020 speaking in valedictory session on 8th December, 2020.
13. Guest of speaker organised by Chanderprabhu Jain College of Higher Studies & School
of Law on “fundamentals of Criminal Law” online on 28th December, 2020.
14. Guest of Honour for Pradhapak Samlena orgainsed by RSS and Veterinary college,
Civil Line, Jabalpur on 24th December, 2020.
15. Teaching Session of Lloyd law college organised teaching session on Indian Evidence
Act 1872 on the topic Introduction and Universe of Law of Evidence on 16th December,
2020, Relevancy of Facts on 18th December, 2020, Competence of Witness & Privileged
Communication on 20th December, 2020 & Burden of Proof on 22nd December, 2020.
16. Panelist for One Week Online International Faculty Development Programme on Law
and The Social Sciences organised by National Law Institute University, Bhopal on 14th
17. Chief Guest on the occasion of Human Rights Day organised by Sharda University,
School of Law, Greater Noida on 10th December, 2020.
18. Speaker, on the Human Rights Day organised by Danik Bhaskar, Nagpur online on 10th
19. Chief Guest, on National Webinar on Human Rights and Morality in Public Life
organised by MJP Rohilkhand University, Bareilly online on 10th December, 2020.
20. Panelist, Invitation to join Web seminar Revisiting Tradition and Importance of
Language & Culture in the NEP, 2020 orgainsed by National Law Institute University,
Bhopal online on 7th December, 2020.
21. Lecture as Resource Person, at the Online faculty Induction Programme organised by
Human Resource Development Centre, Rani Durgawati Vishwavidalaya, Jabalpur
online on 13th November, 2020.
22. Chief Guest, for Investiture Ceremony organised by Student Bar Association of
National Law Institute University, Bhopal as a Chief Guest for the event online on 9th
23. Special Guest, in the 6th Plenary Session on the theme ‘Global Governance: A Post-
Covid Imperative’ of Online 21st International Conference of Chief Justices of the
World (The Global Peace Congress – 2020) on Article 51 of the Constitution of India
online on 9th November, 2020.
24. Invitation as a Member, on 17th ASLI Conference on Law and Justice in Asia organised
by National Law University, Delhi online on 7th November, 2020.
25. Eminent Speaker, in the Symposium on “Law and Justice in Globalizing World”
organised by Institute of Law, Nirma University, Ahmedabad online on 6th November,
26. Special Speaker, Orientation Programme for LL.M. Students of Himachal Pradesh
National Law University, Shimla online on 26th October, 2020.
27. Guest of Honour, organised by the Barkatullah University, Bhopal online on 11th
28. Speaker, “New Education Policy: Prospects and Challenges”, organized by Dr. Ram
Manohar Lohia Avadh University, Ayodhya, in association with SHoDH (Students for
Holistic Development in Humanity) online on 28th August, 2020.
29. Chief Guest, for the Valedictory Session of the Two-Week Online Interdisciplinary
(Law and Social Science Teachers), Refresher Course for Law Teachers organized by
Jagran Lakecity University, School of Law, Bhopal on 13th August, 2020.
30. Eminent Speaker, The Tamil Nadu Dr. Ambedkar Law University, Poompozhil e-
invitation on the topic “Relation between Criminology, Criminal Law and Criminal
Justice Administration on 10th August, 2020.
31. President Address, in collaboration with the Indian Society of Criminology is planning
an international e-Symposium on ” International crimes” at the Inaugural Function of
the e-symposium on 4th August, 2020.
32. Key Speaker, Himachal Pradesh National Law University, Shimla Celebrating the 70th
Anniversary of constitution day virtual Colloquium on “Law of Sedition in India vis-a-
vis Freedom of Speech and Expression”, 29th
33. Chief Guest, National Webinar on Impact of COVID-19 on Family Relationship, jointly
organized by School of Studies in Sociology and Social Work, Pt. Ravishankar Shukla
University, Raipur, and Indian Society of Criminology 19th July 2020
34. Resource Person, Emerging Prospect of Legal Education in reference to Clinical Legal
Education, HPNLU, Shimla, 15th July 2020, Webinar.
35. Special Lecture, Dimmed fundamental rights and dwelling federalism, Atal Bihari
Bajpee Institute of Legal Studies Kanpur, Kanpur University, 10th July 2020, Webinar.
36. Special Lecture, Special Lecture on “Databases and Research Metrics, RGNLU, Punjab,
th July 2020, Webinar.
37. Special Lecture, Panellist for Emerging Prospects of legal Education in India Vivek
college of Law Bijnor, U.P., 6th July 2020, Webinar.
38. Special Lecture, Distinguished Indian Jurists’ Colloquium on The Future of Law, Justice
and Institutions: Indian’s Tryst with Destiny and Democracy- O.P. Jindal Global
University (JGU), 27
th July 2020, Webinar.
39. Special Lecture, Legal precepts of law, forensic jurisprudence, justice delivery in sexual
offences – Lucknow University, 23rd June 2020, Webinar.
40. Special Lecture, National Symposium on Criminology and Correction Administration,
June 2020, Webinar.
41. Special Lecture, Victim Justice Emerging Trends in India Lecture by Justice Madan
Lokur (Retd.)- Supreme Court of India IJM, NLU, Delhi, CCV and ISC, Chennai, 20th
June 2020, Webinar.
42. Special Lecture, Education on Criminal Justice and Crime Prevention-Interventions and
Experiences, Institute of Law Nirma University, Ahmedabad, 19th June 2020, Webinar.
43. Special Lecture, National webinar on Criminology in India: Contemporary & Post
Covid-19 challenges, 17th June 2020, Webinar.
44. Chief Guest, 2nd Amity National Faculty Development Programme 2020 on
Contemporary Changing Dimension of Law, Amity University, 15th June 2020,
45. Special Lecture, The challenge and solution of the education world in the pandemic
situation COVID-19,13th June 2020, Webinar.
46. Chief Guest, Law 2.0: Aftermath of the Pandemic, 13th June 2020, Webinar.
47. Guest of Honour, International Webinar, 13th June 2020, Webinar.
48. Chief Guest, Invitation as a Chief Guest for the Inaugural Ceremony at the National
Faculty Development Programme, Amity University, Lucknow, 10th June 2020,
49. Special Lecture, Victims of Terrorism: Contemporary Issues and Challenges, 9th June
50. Special Lecture, Role of criminology in promoting global happiness Climate change
human rights and justice: role of law and lawyers, 5th June 2020, Webinar.
51. Special Lecture, Online moot court competition, 3rd June 2020, Webinar.
52. Special Lecture, Organized National Webinar on Cyber Security, 31st May 2020,
53. Special Lecture, National webinar on media as the 4th pillar of Indian democracy: a
socio-legal perspective Shia college of law, Lucknow, 30th May 2020, Webinar.
54. Hon’ble Guest, Hon’ble Guest 1st International Web-Con on Forensic Science and
Criminology, 30th May 2020, Webinar.
55. Special Lecture, The challenge of crime control in a society under lockdown: An
assessment of the criminal Justice system in Indian, 27th May 2020, Webinar.
56. Special Lecture, Panelist for COVID-19: Changing Scenario of Indian Education
System, 25th May 2020, Webinar.
57. Special Lecture, Orientation and Induction invite for Global Legal Course Indian
Institute of Law, 25th May 2020, Webinar.
58. Special Lecture, Webinar on “The Governance of Cyberspace: Co-Production of Cyber
Security, 23rd May 2020, Webinar.
59. Special Lecture, Maa Shri Ramlal Ji Sampark Vibhag, 18th May 2020, Webinar.
60. Special Lecture, 7th International and 11th Biennial Conference of the Indian Society
of Criminology, 29th March 2020, University of Madras, Chennai.
61. Presided, Role of criminology in promoting global Happiness: Responsibility of a
Criminologist, 19th February 2020, Hari Singh Gour University, Sagar.
62. Presided, The Vice President, Shri M. Venkaiah Naidu on the youth to come up with
innovative ideas to address the problems faced by the country, 15th February 2020,
Indian Institute of Information Technology, Design & Manufacturing (IIITDM),
63. Special Address & Participant, FDP on Introduction on teaching, Evaluation and
Research Skill, 3
rd December 2019, Symbiosis Law School, Hyderabad.
64. Guest of Honour, Guest of Honour Science for People, and people for Science Guest of
Honour for annual day celebration, 28th November 2019, Kendriya Vidyalaya No.2 GCF
65. Special Address, Faculty Performance Appraisal Committee, 12
thAugust 2019, National
University of Study and Research in Law, Ranchi.
66. Resource Person, An Invitation to be a Resource Person for One-week Refresher Course
for Law Teachers in Memoriam: Prof. N.R. Madhava Menon and his exemplary
contribution to Indian Legal Education, 2
nd July 2019, Jagran Lakecity University,
67. Guest of Honour and Special Lecture, An Invitation to be a Resource Person for One-
week Refresher Course for Law Teachers in Memoriam: Prof. N.R. Madhava Menon
and his exemplary contribution to Indian Legal education, 21st June 2019, National Law
68. Chief Guest, Invitation as a Chief Guest 77th foundation day in BSNL, 22nd April 2019,
BRBRAITT campus, BSNL, Jabalpur.
69. Chief Guest, Invitation to Smt. Nirmala Devi Bam Memorial National Moot Court
competition as a Chief Guest in the inaugural function, 10th May 2019, Indore Institute
of Law, Indore.
70. Guest of Honour, Invitation as a Guest of Honour in National Seminar on “Access to
criminal justice”, 20th April 2019, University five-year law college, University of
71. Chief Guest, Invitation for 2nd Law seminar on “Multidisciplinary approach towards
social transformation in India as a Chief Guest in the inaugural session. 30th March 2019,
Prestige Institute of Management, Gwalior
72. Panelist, Significance of Clinical Legal Education in India, 27th February 2019, Rani
Durgavati Vishwavidyalaya, Jabalpur.
73. Chief Guest, One Day International Workshop on Panchayati Raj Indo-European
Education Foundation (IEEF), Warsaw, Poland and Dharmashastra National Law
University, Jabalpur (M.P), India to take session. Significance of clinical legal education
in India as a Chief Guest, 27th February 2019, Rani Durgavati Vishwavidyalaya,
74. Chief Guest, Bio Design Innovation centre as a Chief Guest, 16th February 2019, Rani
Durgavati Vishwavidyalaya, Jabalpur.
75. Chief Guest, Career Guidance Counselling Tanning and Placement Cell, 13
2019, Rani Durgavati Vishwavidyalaya, Jabalpur.
76. Guest of Honour, Environment and Public Health: Issues and Remedies as a Guest of
Honour on Inaugural as well as Valedictory ceremony, 25th January 2019, Amity
77. Chief Guest, Seminar on Role of Human Rights in Growth of Nation, 10th December
2018, Nachiketa College, Jabalpur.
78. Chief Guest, PRATIBIMB Organized by 94.3 MYFM and Time Institute, 9
2018, Shaheed Smarak, Gol bazar, Jabalpur.
79. Chief Guest, National seminar for principal District & Sessions Judges on Access to
Justice and Legal Aid, 6th December 2018, National Judicial Academy, Bhopal
80. Special Lecture, Lecture on Human rights and moral value, 27th November 2018, Mata
Gujri Mahila Mahavidyalaya, Jabalpur.
81. Participant, Constitution Day as a participant, 25th November 2018, Supreme Court of
India, New Delhi.
82. Special Lecture, an Orientation programme for junior judges’ session ‘Fair trial and Fair
Process’, 22nd November 2018, National Judicial Academy, Bhopal.
83. Speaker, Workshop on Legal Research Methodology as a speaker, 27th October 2018,
84. Chief Guest, International conference on recent advance in Computer science,
Mathematics, Physics and Electronic, 3
rd October 2018, Organized by Mata Gujri
Mahila Mahavidyalaya Shaheed Smarak, Gol bazar, Jabalpur.
85. Participant, Conference of Academic Leadership on ‘Education for Resurgence’, 29th
September 2018, Vigyan Bhawan, New Delhi
86. Guest Lecture and Keynote Speaker, CLEA Conference, 21st September 2018, Mody
University of Science and Technology, Lashmangarh.
87. Chief Guest, 10th Law Teachers Day, 1st September 2018, Hotel Hyatt Regency, New
88. Speaker, Legal education reforms, 1
st September 2018, Supreme Court of India, New
89. Delivered a Keynote address on “Paradigmatic Shifts in Law and Justice in 21st
Century: Challenges & Opportunities” as Key Note Speaker in a National Conference
on “Evidence Law: Challenges and prospects in cyber-Age” on 8
th to 10th December,
2017 at Himachal Pradesh National Law University (HPNLU), Ghandhal, Shimla,
90. Delivered a lecture in Maharashtra National Law University Mumbai on 11th & 12th
October, 2017 on “Legal Education in 21st Century” and “Emerging paradises in
Criminal Justice Administration.”
91. Chaired the Technical Session in International Conference on Legal Dimensions of
Environment on 27th & 28th October, 2017 at Amity Law School, Amity University
92. Delivered a lecture on Resurrection of Public Reforms in India organized under the
supervision of Lok Adhikar Manch, Lucknow on 12th September, 2017.
93. Delivered a Lecture in Valedictory Session of the Para Legal Training programme
organized under the supervision of National Legal Service Authority on 8th June, 2017.
94. Delivered a Lecture in Inaugural Session to the law students doing internship under
Chair Person, UP State Public Service Tribunal on 9th June, 2017.
95. Delivered a keynote address on “Forensic Science at the Service of Mankind” as Key
Note Speaker in a National conference on “Forensic Science at the Service of Mankind”
held on 23rd March, 2017 at Lucknow University, Lucknow.
96. Institute of Judicial Training and Research U.P. Lucknow.
97. Jagjivan Ram RPF Academy, Lucknow.
98. Police Training College, Sitapur, Moradabad and R.T.C. Lucknow.
99. Doordarshan Kendra, Lucknow, Bhopal
100. All India Radio, Lucknow.
101. National Institute for Public Cooperation and Child Development (NIPCCD), Kursi
Road, Lucknow & Indore.
102. IMDUP, Aliganj, Lucknow.
103. Department of Social Work, Anthropology and Journalism of Lucknow University.
104. Various National and Foreign Universities.
105. National Institute of Criminology & Forensic Sciences, Rohini, New Delhi (NICFS).
106. Judicial Officers Training & Research Institute, Jabalpur.
107. National Judicial Academy, Bhopal.
108. M.P. Prashashanik Academy, Bhopal.
109. State Human Rights Commission, Uttar Pradesh.
110. Delivered a Lecture on “Human Rights Protection” Organized by Police Headquarter
for the Senior Police Officials on 18th December, 2008.
111. Delivered a Lecture on “Role of a Judge in Criminal Justice Administration” organized
by Judicial Training and Research Institute, Lucknow to Additional District Judges on
12th January, 2009.
112. Delivered a lecture on “Role of NSS officers and State Legal Services Authority in
providing legal aid to poor population” on 25th January, 2009.
113. Delivered a keynote address as Chief Guest in a National Seminar on “Challenges
before Indian Youth in 21st Century” held on 19th & 20th February, 2009 organized by
J.N.P.G. College, Lucknow.
114. Delivered a key note address as Chief Guest in a National Seminar on “Media Trial”
held on 21st February, 2009 organized by V.S.S.D College, Kanpur.
115. Delivered a Lecture on “Administration of Criminal Justice” to the Newly Appointed
Judicial Officers organized by the Judicial Training and Research Institute, Lucknow
on 6th May, 2009.
116. Delivered a Lecture on “Role of a Judge in the Administration of Criminal Justice” to
the Judicial Officers of Assam Cadre organized by National Law University, Delhi on
14th May, 2009.
117. Delivered a Talk on “Critical issues in Company Law and critical Issues in Service Tax”
on 11th February, 2011 organized by Lucknow Chapter of Northern India Regional
Council of Institute of Company Secretaries of India.
118. Delivered a Talk on “Social Justice, Indian Constitution and Dr. Ambedkar” on 14th
April, 2011 organized by Faculty of Law, University of Lucknow.
119. Delivered a Lecture on “Juvenile Justice” for the Law Interns of U.P. State Legal
Services Authority on 25th June, 2012.
Training Programmes /Workshops and Conferences Organized:
1. Organized, Criminal Justice Administration and Role of police during COVID-19
pandemic, 6th June 2020, DNLU, University.
2. Organized 27th All India Criminology Conference in 2004.
3. Organized Bar Council of India National Moot Court Competition at Lucknow
University in 2005.
4. Organized Bar Council of India National Moot Court Competition at National Law
Institute University, Bhopal in 2006.
5. Organized and delivered the inaugural address at National workshop on “Protection of
indigenous knowledge” in collaboration with the Gene campaign, New Delhi on 11th
September, 2006at National Law Institute University, Bhopal.
6. Organized Teachers Training Programme on Teaching and Research Methodology in
collaboration with Cardiff University and British Council Library and delivered keynote
address at National Law Institute University, Bhopal on 26th & 28th March, 2007.
7. Organized workshop on “ADR Education in Law School and the Role of ADR in Global
Judicial Reform, 17th to 19th April, 2007 at National Law Institute University, Bhopal.
8. Organized 31st All India Criminology Conference at National Law Institute University,
Bhopal in collaboration with Indian Society of Criminology, Chennai in 2008.
9. Organized Summer Human Rights Training Programme- 2008 for the students of Uttar
Pradesh at Ram Manohar Lohiya National Law University, Lucknow from 17th to 25th
May, 2008 sponsored by National Human Rights Commission, New Delhi.
10. Organized State Bar Council of Uttar Pradesh National Moot Court Competition at Ram
Manohar Lohia National Law University, Lucknow in 2008.
11. Organized a Training Programme of “Adoption and Non-Institutional Care” sponsored
by Central Adoption Resource Authority, New Delhi from 23rd & 24th October, 2008.
12. Organized 25th Bar Council of India Moot Court Competition at Dr. Ram Manohar
Lohiya National Law University, Lucknow from 20th to 22nd December, 2008.
13. All India Training Programme on Personality Development for Prison Officers
organized by Ram Manohar Lohiya National Law University, Lucknow (Programme
sponsored by Bureau of Police Research and Development, Ministry of Home Affairs,
New Delhi) (from 17th to 25th May, 2008 and 1
st to 10th June, 2009).
14. Louis M. Brown Client Counseling Competition.
15. Sensitization cum Orientation programme on Adoption and Non-Institutional Care of
16. Satta -2009.
17. Workshop on “Land Acquisition and the Legal Process” 20th & 21st August, 2009.
18. Organized Winter Human Rights Training Programme- 2009 for the students of Uttar
Pradesh at Ram Manohar Lohiya National Law University, Lucknow from 26th
December, 2009 to 25th January, 2010 sponsored by National Human Rights
Commission, New Delhi.
19. Vertical Interaction Course (VIC) for Prison Officers on Impact of Vocational
Programmes on The Reformation and Rehabilitation of Prisoners.
20. National Seminar on Recent Anti-terror Legislative Changes in Criminal Justice
Administration: Perceptions and Perspectives of Criminal Justice Professionals
Organized by Dr. RML National Law University, Lucknow in collaboration with
BPRD, New Delhi from 30th & 31st August, 2009.
21. Training Programme for Police Officers on “Latest Rulings with regard to Criminal
Laws” Organized by Dr. Ram Manohar Lohiya National Law University, Lucknow in
collaboration with BPRD, New Delhi from 11th to 15th January, 2010.
22. National Seminar on Cyber Law: Policy Issues & Emerging Trends Organized by Dr.
RML National Law University, Lucknow in collaboration with Department of Higher
Education, Government of Uttar Pradesh from 27th & 28th March, 2010.
23. Organized an Analytical Study of Functioning of Prosecution System in State of Uttar
Pradesh in Dr. Ram Manohar Lohiya National Law University, Lucknow on 29th
24. All India Law Universities Vice- Chancellors’ Conference on Legal Education from 13th
& 14th March, 2010.
25. A discussion on “Bhopal Verdict” on 22nd June, 2010.
26. Organized an International Seminar to Commemorate 150th anniversary of the IPC,
1860 from December 14th & 15th, 2010 in Dr. Ram Manohar Lohiya National Law
27. Organized 53rd Edition of the Philip C. Jessup’s International Moot Court Competition,
North India Rounds in Dr. Ram Manohar Lohiya National Law University, Lucknow.
28. Organized Regional Consultation for Election Reforms in Dr. Ram Manohar Lohiya
National Law University, Lucknow on 30th January, 2011.
29. Organized a Panel Discussion on Corporate Governance in the UK – Lessons for India
on 5th February, 2011 in Dr. Ram Manohar Lohiya National Law University, Lucknow.
30. Organized a Workshop on “Role of DGCs (Criminal) in Administration of Criminal
Justice” on 22nd May, 2011 in Dr. Ram Manohar Lohiya National Law University,
31. Organized a North Region Consultation on the proposed law against Child Sexual
Abuse on 10th June, 2011 in Dr. Ram Manohar Lohiya National Law University,
32. Organized a Vertical Interaction Course on Development of Prison Personnel in
collaboration with BPR&D from 1st to 6th December, 2011 in Dr. Ram Manohar Lohiya
National Law University, Lucknow.
33. Organized a Training Course for Prison Officers on Human Rights in Prison
Management in collaboration with BPR&D from 10th to 19th November, 2011 in Dr.
Ram Manohar Lohiya National Law University, Lucknow.
34. Organized SPOCULIT 2011 and 2012 in Dr. Ram Manohar Lohiya National Law
35. Organized a Workshop on “Best Techniques in Investigation and Trial (Interface
between Police, Prosecution and Judiciary)” on 22nd January 2012 in Dr. Ram Manohar
Lohiya National Law University, Lucknow.
36. Organized a National Mediation Competition on 13th January, 2012 in Dr. Ram
Manohar Lohiya National Law University, Lucknow.
37. Organized a series of Training Programmes for Cadre Prosecution Officers from July to
November, 2012 in RMLNLU.
38. Organized a National Seminar on Media and Law Interface: Issues and Challenges
organized by Dr. Ram Manohar Lohiya National Law University, Lucknow on 28th 7
29th December, 2012.
Refresher Courses in Law:
1. Academic Staff College, Lucknow University, Lucknow from 4
th June, 1990 to 30th
June, 1990. Project Report on Abolition of Bonded Labour was also submitted which is
equivalent to one published research paper.
2. National Law School of India University, Bangalore from 8
th October, 1992 to 28th
3. Course on “Clinical Legal Education” from 13th November, 1991 to 3
rd December, 1995
at National Law School of India University, Bangalore.
1. Organized number of Legal Aid Programmes in collaboration with the U.P. Legal Aid
Committee and M.P. Legal Aid Committee.
2. Former Convener, Legal Literacy and Legal Awareness Cell, Lucknow University,
3. Working as Legal Consultant with Several NGO’s.