Damodaram Sanjivayya National Law University
Library is the ‘live nerve’ of any academic institution of higher learning. Its importance increases in many fold in law institutions as it plays a significant role in pursuit of academic excellence. Keeping this in view a constant effort is being made to enrich the library with collection of a wide variety of books and journals from the point of law students and scholars. Facilities of Internet and Manuputra website are also added to law library. Open access system is adopted for an easy access to literature and other information.
Library will be open from 09:00 a.m to 08:00 p.m on all working days and from 10:00 a.m to 01:00 p.m on Sundays and other public holidays. Issue and return of books will be from 10:00 a.m to 04:00 p.m on all working days only. There will be no issue or return of books on Sundays/public holidays.
ADMISSION TO LIBRARY
- Strict silence is to be observed in and around the Library. Students who fail to observe silence are liable for fine.
- Members while entering the library should sign in the gate register.
- Students should keep their bags/printed books outside the library, they are allowed to take only white papers / note books into the library.
- Staying in groups in the library is forbidden.
- Students and staff shall leave the library 10 minutes before the closing time, i.e by 07:50 p.m
CONDITIONS OF LOAN:
- Books from the library are issued only to students & faculty of the university on their borrower tickets.
- Every student / faculty member shall be provided with-borrowers tickets which as per rules. The borrower tickets are not transferable.
- Students have to produce their identity cards also while borrowing books.
- If a member looses any ticket, it should be immediately reported to the Librarian, failing which such member shall be responsible if any book is issued on the lost ticket.
- A duplicate borrower ticket will be issued on payment of Rs. 25/- after a lapse of 10 days.
- A book will be issued to a student for a period of one week and the same book may be re-issued for a further period of 5 days.
- Librarian may recall any book from the borrower at any time even prior to the due date under exigencies.
- Borrowers failing to return a book on or before the due date shall pay penalty of Rs. 1/- for each day during which the book is retained after the due date.
- Absence from the college will not relive a borrower from the responsibility of returning books on due date.
- Any damage to the book such as dog-earing, marking, writing or taking out pages will be seriously viewed and unless the borrower points out the damage at the time of borrowing the book, he shall replace the damaged book with a new book.
- Any misuse of internet facility is strictly forbidden and any violation attracts suitable punishment.