Patent Co-operation Treaty (PCT) Roving Conference
The venue of the Event: Moot Court Hall, DSNLU Date: 27-11-2019
The Patent Cooperation Treaty (PCT) provides an overview of an international treaty which is duly administered by the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO). The Patent Cooperation Treaty (PCT) is an international treaty with more than 152 Contracting States. It is administered by the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO). The PCT is an international treaty which, provides a system for filing a patent application and allows us to obtain patents in multiple countries around the world on the basis of a single patent application. This event was organized by Centre for Intellectual Property Rights (C-IPR) of Damodaram Sanjivayya National Law University (DSNLU) in collaboration with the World Intellectual Property Rights Organization (WIPO), Geneva, Patent Office (IPO), Government of India and ASOCHAM. People from Industries, Start-ups, Scientists, Academia and Research Scholars actively participated in the event.
Eminent Personalities who delivered lectures during the event are:
- Mougamadou ABIDINE, Head PCT Operations Section 1, PCT Operations Division, WIPO
- (Dr.) S. Surya Prakash, Honorable, Vice-Chancellor, Damodaram Sanjivayya National Law University (DSNLU)
- (Dr.) C.M. Rao, Registrar, DSNLU
- Rajesh Dixit, Indian Patent Office, Deputy Controller of Patents and Designs.
- Chen Yinghua, Associate Technical Co-operation Officer, PCT International Co-operation Division.
- Sri Uma Nair, Regional Director, ASOCHAM, Bangalore
- P. Sree Sudha, Associate Professor, Chair Person, Centre for Intellectual Property Rights (C-IPR), DSNLU acted as Faculty Convenor for the Event.