About the Center
The Centre for Law, Language and Literature is a novel initiative under the guidance of the Honorable Vice-Chancellor, Prof. S. Surya Prakash. Literature emphasizes abstraction, originality, and variety in description and presentation, as well as a wide range of genres. Law, on the other hand, is characterized by precision, rational interpretation ambit, and a set pattern and style of drafting, as well as a wide range of disciplines. Both are under an obligation of idealizing humans and society; they both gather human experiences and implement the use of words and rhetoric to reflect humankind. The Centre primarily strives to systematically analyze how literature and law inspire each other and, in that process, it encourages the young minds to use literature as a tool for analyzing law and the reciprocal use of law to analyze and interpret literary texts. The Centre recognizes and respects the role of literature as a useful tool to explain, examine, and strengthen legal acumen.
- To help students learn how to interpret Law in real-life situations, plan guest lectures, workshops, seminars, and conferences.
- Publish legal and literary newsletters.
- Publish journals by means of “Call for Papers” and encourage the stakeholders to contribute research papers on law and literature.
- Motivate and inspire students to take part in one-act plays, skits, and dramas within the university and at the national level by using legal perspectives. This will establish and catapult DSNLU’s very own dramatics and theatre group.
- Conduct competitions like group discussions, debates, elocutions, and essay writing competitions within the university and at the national level.
- Carry out extensive research and create an awareness of law in literature, law as literature, and literature in law.
- Encourage book reading club followed by group discussion or review every month (last Saturday of the month) on the book read, inviting an author or a notable personality for interaction whenever possible.
Team of the Centre
Faculty coordinator Dr. Narasinga Rao Barnikana, Lecturer in English, DSNLU, Visakhapatnam.
Sri Himaja kandukuri
Medida Vijaya Hadassa
Kasina Venkata Sri Varsha
Pantagani Sowmya Sri
B. Solman Raju
M. Pavan Kalyan