The terms efficiency, effectiveness, equity, and quality have often been used synonymously for an institution to achieve excellence. Quality is synonymous with the creation of universities, and it is the hallmark that makes a university distinct from others in this competitive age. It is the quality that makes an educational institution visible in producing path-breaking research outputs and employable graduates. Taking the mandate for enhancement of quality in higher education and research, the University Grants Commission, New Delhi, made a policy decision during the 11th Five-Year Plan period for all Higher Educational Institutions (HEIs) to establish an Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC). The Cell aims to make continuous intervention to provide timely guidance and add value to the functioning of the academic and administrative activities of the University. In order to ensure the continuous improvement in quality parameters, the Damodaram Sanjivayya National Law University, being a National Law University, established the IQAC in 2018 as an internal quality assurance mechanism to nurture and foster a quality culture for the students, scholars, teachers, and ministerial staff.
Functions of IQAC
- Development and application of quality benchmarks/parameters for various academic and administrative activities of the institution.
- Facilitating the creation of a learner-centered environment that is good for quality education and helping teachers get the knowledge and technology they need to teach and learn in a way that involves them.
- Arrangement for feedback response from students, parents, and other stakeholders on quality-related institutional processes.
- Dissemination of information on various quality parameters of higher education
- Organization of inter and intra-institutional workshops, seminars on quality-related themes, and promotion of quality circles.
- Documentation of the various programmes/activities leading to quality improvement.
- Acting as a nodal agency of the Institution for coordinating quality-related activities, including adoption and dissemination of best practices.
- Development and maintenance of institutional databases through MIS for the purpose of maintaining and enhancing the institutional quality.
- Development of a quality culture in the institution.
- Preparation of the Annual Quality Assurance Report (AQAR) as per the guidelines and parameters of NAAC, to be submitted to NAAC.
- Ensure a heightened level of clarity and focus on institutional functioning towards quality enhancement.
- Ensure that the quality culture is internalized.
- Enhance and coordinate the institution’s various activities and institutionalize all good practices.
- Provide a sound basis for decision-making to improve institutional functioning.
- Act as a dynamic system for quality changes in HEIs.
- 6.Build an organized methodology of documentation and internal communication.